Nutraceuticals / Food
Microfluidizer® Technology: Benefits in Nutraceutical and Food Processing
Improved Product Quality in the Nutraceuticals Industry
Often more similar in processing requirements to pharmaceutical applications than food, nutraceuticals utilize chemistry to deliver benefits and nutrients from plants, fish oils and other natural sources. Microfluidics works with nutraceutical companies and ingredient manufacturers to improve product quality and stability. Today, many products available on the market were developed using a Microfluidizer® processor, including vitamins, weight loss powders, oral vitamin sprays and functional foods enhanced with nutrients such as Omega-3.
Why do so many nutraceutical companies choose Microfluidizers® technology over conventional nutraceutical ingredient mixers?
- Uniform nutraceutical particle size reduction improves bioavailability, reduces or eliminates phase separation, and maximizes stability.
- Efficient nanoencapsulation masks any objectionable smells and tastes of added nutrients, protects against oxidation to extend shelf life, and produces liposomes that enable the timed release of nutrients for easier digestion.
Microfluidizer® Processors for Food Producers
Food producers continually seek ways to improve color, taste, texture and nutritional value. Microfluidizer® homogenizer/processors produce highly concentrated food emulsions which, when added to foods, intensify color and flavor.
Benefits in the Development of Nutraceutical Products
Nutraceutical and food processing companies rely on Microfluidics for our experience and unique strategies in the development of nutraceutical products and their presentation. Microfluidizer® technology offers several benefits to the nutraceutical/food processing industry:
- Multiple active delivery made possible with the same instrument platform
- Development of micelles, liposome and emulsions
- The ability to handle reduced quantities of expensive materials
- High-potency density
- Reduced quantities of expensive materials
- Highest shear and impact for increased bioavailability of nutrients
- Experience in the physical presentation of actives required for safe, stable presentation of nutraceuticals