- LV1 Low VolumeHigh Shear Fluid Processor for the Smallest Samples
LV1 Low Volume Microfluidizer® Homogenizer
Microfluidics developed the LV1 high shear benchtop homogenizer to bring Microfluidizer®-quality nanotechnology processing to the milliliter scale for applications in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, nutraceutical/food, cosmetic and energy industries. The LV1 is capable of handling samples as small as 1 ml — samples smaller than many other liquid processors can handle.
The LV1 is an excellent choice for academic and commercial customers who work with high-value samples, especially when product recovery is of paramount concern. This processor is equally adept at handling oil-in-water emulsions and solids-in-liquid suspensions.
Like all our Microfluidizer® processors, the LV1 delivers industry-leading particle size reductions — up to 50% smaller than those achieved by competitors’ machines. Our products also provide the narrowest particle size distributions, better recovery and fewer, shorter passes.
How It Works
All Microfluidizer® processors provide exclusive benefits due to their fixed-geometry interaction chamber and constant pressure pumping system. The technology allows users to achieve smaller sample sizes — with more uniform distribution and scaleup guaranteed — than can be obtained with other methods.
The LV1 is your gateway to the nanotechnology revolution, allowing you to perform the following applications using the smallest samples:
- Cell Disruption
The low-volume LV1 Microfluidizer® processor:
- Requires the smallest sample sizes — as small as 1 ml
- Achieves smaller sample sizes with more uniform distribution and guaranteed scaleup
- Performs high-pressure homogenization at pressures up to 30,000 psi
- Operates at shear rates of 12.25 million sec-1
- Provides near-total sample recovery
- Offers some of the highest protein recovery rates — in as few as one or two passes
- Ensures that results are repeatable
- Guarantees scaleup to pilot or production volumes
- Cleans easily
- Requires no disassembly
- Operates quietly
- Ceramic interaction chamber
- Stainless steel enclosure
- Electric/hydraulic drive method
- 10 ml syringe-type feed and collector reservoirs
- Product cooling coil and tray
- Syringes from 1 ml to 6 ml
- Product installation and training